Benefits of Whole Body Vibration
Whole Body Vibration Therapy is among the most beneficial technologies ever introduced. It is not a recent technology; it was used very many years ago. However, N.A.S.A started testing it and incorporated it in their programs. It is a therapy beneficial to everyone however there are those medical conditions which may not allow you to partake. When vibration therapy is used well, you will able to safely as well as gently ease into a better level of well-being. Initially the therapy was costly but now it is affordable and you can enjoy it in the privacy of your own home.
Regardless of your current level of fitness, WBV can probably help and is a great alternative. There's a whole slew of health benefits that come with WBV. Inіtіаllу WBV was costly but nоw іt is affordable and уоu can enjoy іt in the privacy оf уоur own hоmе.
How does whole body vibration training work?
WBVT consists of standing on a platform that vibrates at a specific frequency to activate your hormonal, cardiovascular, lymphatic, and nervous systems simultaneously. You can use it to get the lymphatic and circulatory benefits of hours of walking, or you can perform some simple exercises on the vibe plate to stimulate actual muscle growth.
When standing on this vibrating platform, you increase the forces on your body, which is what puts the "work" into your workout. Lots of tiny muscle contractions are happening to help you balance while on the platform. By increasing the frequency of the plate, it effectively increases the G forces exerted on your body. A high-quality vibration platform such as the one we use in my office, can generate forces from 2 to 6 Gs, depending on the frequency and amplitude settings used. This means that, even at the lowest setting, you nearly double your body weight in terms of the forces applied.
Benefits of Whole Body Vibration
1. Toning as well as strengthening your muscles in as little as just 3 weeks It usually takes normal work out and exercising months to give such results. You will have to be disciplined and very focused in your workout routine. Studies have shown astonishing results of improved fitness in a very short duration. The technology is legit and is being accepted by rehabilitation, medical as well as therapeutic centers. Some of the sports teams have adopted whole body vibration so as to develop strength especially during rehabilitation.
2. Increased bone density or bone mass
By stimulating your fast- and super-fast muscle fibers, WBV helps counteract the loss of muscle mass, or muscle wasting, that occurs with age. It can also help counteract age-related loss of bone mass by triggering the release of osteoblasts to build new bone.
As you age, your existing bone is absorbed by your body while new bone is created to replace it. In the case of osteoporosis, the formation of new bone falls behind the rate of bone absorption, leading to thinner, more brittle bones. Keep in mind that a sedentary lifestyle promotes bone loss as well as muscle loss. Conversely, muscle use promotes the building of bone. Regular physical activity strengthens both muscles and bones, slows bone loss and decreases the risk of injury from falls. Help your bones by adding WBV today.
3. Increasing production of human growth hormones
HGH, as it's called, is released by the pituitary gland. It also supports childhood growth and helps in maintaining the health of tissues and organs throughout life. HGH helps regulate body fluids and body composition, as well as muscle and bone growth, being involved in the regulation of sugar and fat metabolism, and possibly in heart function as well.
Growth hormone stimulates the growth of cartilages, boosts the production of proteins, promotes the utilization of fat and raises blood sugar levels by interfering with insulin.
In obese individuals, growth hormone may help in reducing body fat, and researchers have found that whole body vibration exercises may help in boosting the production of growth hormone in these people. A study published in PubMed by Italian researchers showed that WBV alone or combined with squatting stimulates the release of growth hormone in obese women, peaks occurring immediately after the exercise session.
4. Increase flexibility Our bodies are designed with motion in mind. The joints and the muscles that move them need to be flexible and strong in order to move smoothly. By helping to maintain the muscles flexibility, we also help to keep the muscle working in its full range of motion. Maintaining a full range of motion allows our bones and joints to continue performing our movements relatively, pain free.
WBV is important in this matter as the vibrations will stimulate the nutritional effects in the articulations, and diminish neuromuscular adhesions. For general muscle flexibility, performing one stretch for each muscle group will be enough to maintain your current muscle length. Holding each position for 30 seconds up to 90 seconds is enough. For this purpose you best choose moderate frequencies. When engaging in a stretch and flexibility routine, safety is always a first priority. Listen to what your body tells you, if a position feels uncomfortable in a joint area, or is causing stress in an unrelated muscle group, modify your exercise and seek guidance.
5. Decrease appearance of cellulite
Cellulite occurs when underlying fat deposits begin to push through layers of collagen fibers, or connective tissue, under the skin. It is NOT caused by toxins.
Cellulite can get worse with age too. Hormones also seem to play a role in the appearance of cellulite: As women age, their bodies produce less estrogen—a hormone that helps keep blood vessels flowing smoothly. Less estrogen can mean poorer circulation, which can also mean a decrease in new collagen production and the breakdown of older connective tissue.
WBV will flatten out adipose globules located under the skin and will make the skin look smoother. On a longer period, the combination of muscle strengthening and local fat burning will indirectly lead to a reduction in cellulites. The look of the skin will noticeably be smoother and more toned. Body shaping without liposuction or surgery.
Recent research shows you can achieve a 25.7% reduction in cellulite when using WBV for 6 months.
6. Improved circulation The rhythmic contractions of the muscle encourage blood circulation. What’s more; while training, your capillaries will be enlarged, so blood even flows into the smallest capillaries. WBV not only increases the number of functional red blood cells in the capillaries, but also increases the presence of white blood cells. WBV improves the delivery and removal of metabolic wastes in the blood by enhancing blood circulation.
Waste products are removed more quickly and the body recovers more rapidly. This is an important component when paired with our Lipo Laser technology. During the lipo laser session, the contents of the fat cell are released into the surrounding tissue. At this point if we do nothing, it will creep back into the fat cell naturally. Rather than have that happen, we subject patients to WBV which stimulates the contents of the fat cell to be moved along through the lymphatic channels to the liver for normal processing.
7. Lymph drainage WBV reduces lymph edema by improving circulation to the lymphatic system, thereby helping remove waste and bacteria from the system more effectively than passive range of motion or electrical muscle stimulation. What’s more, most people suffering from lymph edema are highly sensitive for physical contact on the edema. This contact can be avoided with WBV Machines. People suffering lymph edema will highly appreciate relaxing exercises on the vibrating platform.